During this difficult time of the COVID-19 outbreak, Koth Therapy & Fitness, LLC, remains open as directed by guidelines from the President on March 16, 2020 and Governor Hogan’s instructions to follow the federal government’s essential critical worker perimeters.
“If you work in a critical infrastructure industry, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, such as healthcare services . . ., you have a special responsibility to maintain your normal work schedule.”
On the CISA website, physical therapists are listed as essential. (See cisa.gov for further information.)
How We Are Keeping Our Patients and Staff Safe
- We have installed a commercial grade Air Scrubber, which is scientifically proven to destroy 99% of all surface and airborne contaminants, including influenza viruses. In addition, it has proven effective against Staph, MRSA, E. coli, Strep and many other pathogens. Our Air Scrubber by Aerus is both certified by NASA and made in the USA.
- As directed, we always have less than 10 people in the office at any given time. All patients are scheduled and must be buzzed in for security.
- To practice “social distancing,” we have individual treatment rooms. Patients are spread throughout the office and not in one large room together.
- Without even touching the patient, every patient’s temperature is taken by an infrared thermometer each visit. No one with a temperature is allowed treatment. Before seeing patients, Dr. Koth takes his temperature as well as our receptionist’s.
- At the present time, Dr. Koth and a receptionist are the only staff on duty. You will not be exposed to numerous techs, aids, students, or assistants. You will only be treated by Dr. Koth.
- Of course, we are constantly disinfecting exam tables, workout equipment, chairs, door handles, etc. to ensure your safety as well as our staff.
Telemedicine Options Available
Virtual appointments are now available via phone and computer to receive physical therapy evaluation and treatment. Please contact us to set up an appointment or find out more information.